The Innovation in Concrete Series will provide attendees with exclusive insights on the latest trends, technologies and techniques in concrete construction, and also offers a high-level education agenda, spanning from structural design & innovation, to transformation technology, and sustainability and green buildings.
- Introduction to new methods
- Overview and Background
- Design Methodology
- Codes and Standards
- Role of concrete in 3D printing
- How Contractors can benefit and leverage 3D printing in the region
- 3D Printed molds and formworks
- Value Engineering
- Design Integration: Cross disciplinary approach
- The next big thing in construction
- Development: This part will give an insight view of the very first research works up to latest product developments.
- Design: The specially developed and simple design concept will be explained by means of an example.
- Execution: The process of delivery, assembly and installation on site will be shown and explained in detail.
- Rheology of SCC under hot weather conditions
- Local recycled aggregates for hot weather concreting
- Chemical admixtures for hot weather concreting
- Sustainability efforts in precast concrete manholes
- Life cycle assessment for precast concrete manholes
- Proposed sustainable manhole design with consideration for Soil Structure Interaction (SSI) Effect
- Standard Test Methods for Evaluating the Performance of Fiber‐Reinforced Concrete (FRC)
- Analytical Basis for Establishing Performance Equivalency between Fibers and Steel
- Chemical Bonding Fiber Technology
- Dosage Calculation & How to Specify Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- Cost Optimization Program
- Eco Efficiency Analysis
- Environmental Product Declaration
- Improved production methods and formulations that reduce or eliminate CO2 emissions from the cement manufacturing process
- Technology innovations that are changing the concrete industry including programmable cement, 3D printing and self-healing concrete.
- The advances and barriers in application of sustainable concrete technologies